Thursday 27 December 2012

Rapha day 4 part 2

As planned we started in Barnstaple today and went for two loops of the Taw mid week group ride. I like this loop as it has some good sections, Long climbs, flat and some long quick downhill sections, It was a real blast and i felt very comfortable smashing out another 40+ mile ride. You go up past muddiford where i took part in my first ever xc race back in the 80's and an area i trained on the road back in the early 90's, It would be my first ride up this long hill solo in about 20 years and it was cool to see i got up it quicker solo than i have in the two Tuesday night rides that i have done, It was also the first ride this week that i have done without my rain coat, loved it.  I have to say i feel fresh and with a nice 54.9 miles for the day banked for the Rapha challenge. Its not looking good for day 5! Rain and high winds all day are on the cards and a challenging route planned...

No comments: