Sunday 15 November 2009

xc and dh updates


So my first xc race in more than decades now over, turned out the track was not that muddy and also the masters class was packed, Unlike in 4x where the numbers are small, in xc the masters are where all the xc racers from the 90's (the era of xc) are now all at, with former world championship and world cup racers it was going to be hardcore, Sadly the start was a little odd and tight and starting at the back would mean the leaders were over the top of the first hill and a couple of mins ahead before we even got started..the pace was fast once over the top of the first hill and i used my freeride skills on the DH section to cut my way throught the pack, Sadly my lack of XC fitness started to kick in after the fast start and i soon found myself making up 4/5 spots on the tech areas and dropping 6/7 on the climbs.. With around 60 riders we rolled in 46th.. Not what we wanted, but fired up and building some confidence again ready for round 2 in Jan where we will have better fitness and gearing that will fit the track better on my 1by8 setup.

On other racing news.. The underground DH races in torquay have made a rule to cut the numbers.. Only the top 12 will make the cut to any further events.. my 7/6/6 for 7th puts me in to the next Downhill 3 race stage event in Jan, but a flat or one bad run and it could be all over..


Still today we feel strong other than a sore back and motivated to train for more events in 2010 to go along side my main Freeride action and make me a better rider.

No comments: