Saturday 31 January 2009

LUKE UPDATE


I am home for the weekend, so I am on the mend, I now have only one week to go left in hospital, I can’t wait till I am free and I can be at home all of the time to recover.

But I would really like to say a big thank you to everyone who has sent me a message or text to say I hope I get better it has really helped me so much, and a big thanks to all of my friends and family who has come to see me.

I know it must have been hard as it’s all a blur to me and I really remember nothing until I started to get my memory back just over a week ago, and to have spent almost a month in hospital from what I am getting it has been a tough road especially my 1st week in intensive care, where I could not walk or sit up without help, and the words that I said nothing made sense so from what I understand it must of been a scary place to not know if the real me was ever going to come back.

I am just thank full to be alive and too have such great friends and family around me.

The information I am learning about my injury is really help full and there is a lot of stuff I never knew about the brain.

I aim to get back to riding but I shall take it day for day and not be the stubborn Luke who just wants to be out there back as normal, and let my body heal I know this will be hard as I get better as I just want to be out there.
I will say I aim to be out there driving at the 1st round of the NZ drift series at the end of march. I know it’s soon but this is my life, and with a car I have a roll cage and a shell around me for protection, practice is going to be minimal and tight but I hope to do the best I can throughout the season.

I have well started the road to recovery and expect Luke Smith back on a bike bigger and better in the next 6 months.Thanks again for all your support.

No comments: